- Shipping & Delivery
- Privacy & Security
- Returns & Replacements
- Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- Viewing Orders
- Updating Account Information
- List of Cookies We Collect
Shipping & Delivery
Unless otherwise noted, shipping and handling charges will be shown as additional charges on your invoice. Products shipped via standard service are normally delivered within six business days after shipment, but PixelFlash makes no guarantee. For an additional charge, PixelFlash offers expedited shipping options on most of PixelFlash's products. As the delivery of your order is beyond PixelFlash's control once your order leaves PixelFlash's facilities, PixelFlash cannot assume liability for late deliveries, regardless of the delivery method you specify. Please note most deliveries require a signature. Occasionally packages are returned to PixelFlash as undeliverable. When the carrier returns an undeliverable package to PixelFlash, please contact PixelFlash to make arrangements for reshipment. PixelFlash reserves the right to charge you a 15% restocking fee on all refused or failed delivery, as well as all charges incurred by PixelFlash in the return and retrieval of refused orders, including but not limited to taxes, duties, broker fees and return shipping costs. These fees maybe collected by the carrier, customs, agents, brokers, or PixelFlash.
ALL ORDERS SHIPPED OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES ARE SUBJECT TO ALL NATIONAL, FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL TAXES, DUTIES OR OTHER IMPORT FEES THE COUNTRY OF DELIVERY DEEMS LEGAL AND REQUIRED. AT THIS TIME, PIXELFLASH DOES NOT COLLECT ANY OF THESE FEES DURING THE CHECKOUT PROCESS AND THE CUSTOMER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OF THESE ADDITIONAL FEES ASSESSED BY THE COUNTRY OF IMPORT.
All transactions, including returns, refunds and exchanges are performed in USD currency.
All international and/or SPO shipping charges, including Returns for Warranty or Returns for Refund, are the sole responsibility of the customer.
Privacy & Security
- Our Commitment to Privacy
- Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
- The Way We Use Information
- Your privacy is important to us. PixelFlash, Inc. does not sell, trade, or rent your personal or contact information to other marketers. This has been our operating policy since we first started.
We do use the information you provide to contact you about and perform the services on our site in which you have expressed interest. To provide customer service to you, it is necessary for us to disclose information to our affiliates and other companies that work with us. We do not share your information with outside parties except as provided herein and to the extent necessary to provide you service and maintain our Site.
We use the information you provide about someone else when placing an order only to ship the product and to confirm delivery. We do not share this information with outside parties except as provided herein and to the extent necessary to provide you service and maintain our Site.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our Site and to share with advertisers. We may use personal information to provide products that you have requested, as well as for auditing, research, and analysis to improve PixelFlash, Inc.'s products and services.
Finally, we reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary.
A cookie is a small text file that a website can place on your computer's hard drive in order to collect information about your activities on the site or to make it easier to use certain site functions. The cookie transmits this information back to the website's computer. Many users do not know that cookies are being placed on their computers when they visit websites. If you want to know when this happens, or prevent it from happening, you can set your browser to warn you when a website attempts to place a cookie on your computer. For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
The Information We Collect
When you interact with PixelFlash, Inc. on our Site or otherwise, such as when you call our sales or support staff, we may collect personal information relevant to the situation, such as your name, mailing address, billing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences; your credit card information and information about the PixelFlash, Inc. products you own, such as their serial numbers and date of purchase; and information relating to a support or service issue.
PixelFlash, Inc. also collects certain aggregated, non-personally identifying information--such as your computer's IP address; the number of users clicking on a particular link, service, or advertisement; the type of browser in use; and pages viewed--when you visit our Site. We use this information to understand how visitors navigate through our Site, to enhance your experience while using our Site, and to make the materials we post as valuable to visitors as possible. We do not link this information to personally identifiable information.
Our Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
This Site offers Verisign 128-bit SSL encryption of sensitive data. Doing so helps to protect the confidentiality of your personal and credit card information while it is transmitted over the Internet.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information with commercially acceptable practices, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
PixelFlash, Inc. appreciates the value of information and respects your privacy. However, PixelFlash, Inc. may disclose any information we have about you (including your identity or your communications with PixelFlash, Inc. through the Site) if we determine that such disclosure is necessary in connection with any investigation or complaint regarding your use of the Site, or to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with PixelFlash, Inc.'s rights or property, or the rights or property of users of the Site. PixelFlash, Inc. reserves the right at all times to disclose any information that PixelFlash, Inc. deems necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. PixelFlash, Inc. also may disclose your information when PixelFlash, Inc. determines that applicable law requires or permits such disclosure, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection purposes, or if PixelFlash, Inc. determines disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of PixelFlash, Inc., its employees, users or visitors to the Site, and the public.
Corporate Data Storage Device Decomissioning Policy
PixelFlash, Inc. takes data security very seriously. It is extremely important to PixelFlash, Inc. that all of our customers know that information is secure and protected. This includes when equipment with electronic data storage devices, such as hard drives, exhaust their usefulness and require decommissioning.
As always, PixelFlash, Inc. strives to ensure that all electronics are used to their maximum capacity and lifespan. However, when a piece of equipment has been slated for decommissioning, PixelFlash, Inc. ensures the vital protection of all data collected by pulling all data storage devices from the equipment, storing the data for retention purposes for a specified period of time, per our corporate business needs and requirements. Upon lapse of such period, all data storage devices are reformatted exactly to Department of Defense formatting specifications. Those devices that are deemed unusable in any capacity, after reformatting, are certifiably destroyed.
PixelFlash, Inc. prides itself in ensuring that our policies provide maximum protection to our customers. Should you have any questions about our policy, please contact Customer Service.
Warranty, Returns & Replacements (RMA) Policy
Your exclusive remedy and PixelFlash’s entire liability under this warranty will be for PixelFlash at its option to repair or replace the Product or refund your purchase price less any rebates. PixelFlash does not warrant against loss of any data or images (including data stored on Product returned to PixelFlash for service), and assumes no liability for such loss.
- These are PixelFlash, Inc.'s ("PixelFlash", "we" or "our") Standard Return Policies applicable only to products purchased by you directly from PixelFlash via the following forms of communication:
- Our website store.pixelflashmemory.com;
- Email to valid pixelflashmemory.com e-mail address
PixelFlash Memory (flash modules)
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- Return for replacement within: Lifetime Replacement (with proof of purchase)
- Restocking Fee: No
PixelFlash Accessories (flash readers)
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- Return for replacement within: 3 Years (with proof of purchase)
- Restocking Fee: No
PixelFlash offers our customers a Lifetime Replacement Warranty and 30 Day Money Back Guarantee on our PixelFlash Brand Memory. PixelFlash offers our customers a 3 Year Replacement Warranty and 30 Day Money Back Guarantee on our PixelFlash Brand Memory Accessories.
Within 15 Days of invoice date: Should any issue be experienced with a flash module, PixelFlash will - issue return instructions for return shipping of said product back to PixelFlash. It will be your choice for PixelFlash to replace the product via standard shipping or request that PixelFlash provide a full refund for the original product upon it's return to PixelFlash. PixelFlash covers the full cost of of shipping the replacement.
Items covered by this policy must be returned to PixelFlash within 30 days of the original ship date for this policy to apply. "Return" constitutes receipt of the product by PixelFlash, and not the mere issuance of an RMA.
All returns are subject to the RMA guidelines stated in PixelFlash's Standard Return Policy. The following conditions are not acceptable for return, and will result in the merchandise being returned to you:
- Any memory exhibiting physical damage
- Flash that are missing the manufacturer label
To request an RMA number and return shipping instructions, email PixelFlash support via email@example.com
- PixelFlash is not responsible for lost or damaged packages, please INSURE and obtain a TRACKING number as a safeguard. PixelFlash also recommends that you utilize a padded envelope when shipping your package to avoid damage to your product.
- PixelFlash ships via USPS First Class or Priority Mail for all replacements.
- PixelFlash is not responsible for packages with missing contents. PixelFlash will inform you if a package is received without its contents. You will need to contact the shipper regarding any disputes while the package is in transit.
- PixelFlash will replace your returned unit with another unit that is tested and verified to be in new or refurbished condition. You may not receive the original unit back.
- Units returned will be subject to warranty limitations, including the requirement that all returns be accompanied by a valid proof of purchase.
- PixelFlash will ship out a product with equal to or greater capacity and/or speed rating if an identical product is not available.
- PixelFlash's sole liability, and the exclusive remedy, for any acknowledged defect(s) shall be the repair or replacement of the product in question.
- If a product fails under the terms of its warranty, PixelFlash will inspect the product and at its option, repair or replace the product.
- Customer bears the cost of sending the defective unit(s) to PixelFlash, and PixelFlash bears the cost of shipping the replacement unit to customer.
- Damages, defects or missing products must be reported within 5 business days of receipt of the replaced unit(s).
- PixelFlash will not replace products that fall within the retailer's warranty period.
- PixelFlash does not offer refunds, exchanges, credits or upgrades.
- International customers are responsible for custom charges including, but not limited to, brokerage, taxes, duties and other fees.
- Replacements are processed upon product availability.
- PixelFlash shall NOT be liable under ANY circumstances for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages or lost data.
- Any personal data should be removed before returning products to PixelFlash. PixelFlash is not liable for loss or misuse of any personal data stored on returned products.
Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- Any prices, quotations and descriptions made or referred to on this Site are subject to availability, do not constitute an offer and may be withdrawn or revised at any time prior to our express acceptance of your order (as described below).
While we make every effort to ensure that items appearing on the Site are available, we cannot guarantee that all items are in stock or immediately available when you submit your order. We may reject your order (without liability) if we are unable to process or fulfill it. If this is the case, we will refund any prior payment that you have made for that item.
An order submitted by you constitutes an offer by you to us to purchase Products or Services on these Terms and is subject to our subsequent acceptance.
Prior to such acceptance, an automatic e-mail acknowledgement of your order may be generated. Please note that any such automatic acknowledgement does not constitute a formal acceptance of your order.
Our acceptance of your order takes effect and the contract concluded at the point where such offer is expressly accepted by us dispatching your order/commencing Services and accepting your credit card or other payment ("Acceptance").
We may keep records of orders received, acknowledgements, acceptances and other contract records for a reasonable period after Acceptance. We may be able to provide you with copies on written request; however you must make sure you print a copy of all such documents and these Terms for your own records.
- Sales Tax
- Purchasers are responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes, imports, or other duties or import fees arising out of the sale of the products or services through the Site. In addition to the price of your purchases, PixelFlash may charge you sales tax based on your shipping address and the sales tax rate in effect at the time your order is billed.
All orders shipping or billed within California are subject to the 8.75% California State Sales Tax.
All transactions, including returns, refunds and exchanges are performed in USD currency.
- To view the current status of your current or previous orders, log into your My Account area or contact us.
Updating Account Information
- PixelFlash, Inc. will make good-faith efforts to provide you with reasonable access to your personal information for the purpose of correcting this data. To update your account information, login to your My Account area here.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
|IS_DEVELOPER_MODE||Session crypt key to indicate whether system is in developer mode.|
|SAAS_DESIGNEDITOR_VISUAL_BLOCK_MANAGEMENT_MODE||Indicates whether system is in visual block management mode.|
|SAAS_DESIGNEDITOR_THEME_PREVIEW_MODE||Indicates whether system is in theme preview mode.|
|SAAS_DESIGNEDITOR_INLINE_TRANSLATION_MODE||Indicates whether system is in inline translation mode.|
|MAGE_COOKIE||Indicates that cookies are initialized.|